The establishment of Seva Bharati Mahavidyalaya on 17th of July, 1964 marked the fruition of the dream of Dr. Pabitra Kumar Sen, an eminent educationist, who was prompted by the urgent necessity of providing the young minds of the remote poor village and its adjacent areas with quality higher education. The past five decades and more of the Mahavidyalaya’s existence have been a chronicle of triumph as the Mahavidyalaya has kept progressing undaunted by the countless adversities along its path of progress to reach the status of a reliable and reputed institute and to meet the needs of the students of remote Jangal Mahal region for higher education. But even after the passage of 50 years, the journey for Seva Bharati Mahavidyalaya has just begun because many destinations of success need to be negotiated, many peaks of excellence remain to be conquered. The Mahavidyalaya is sincerely dedicated to fulfill its mantra: “Tapasya” (Meditation), “Seva” (Service) and “Pragati” (Progress).
Our vision is to transform our Mahavidyalaya into a centre of excellence in the arena of higher education and contribute to the inclusive development of the country by generating quality human resources. The Mahavidyalaya aims at the holistic development of the young learners and hopes to mould them into young citizens of the nation who are dependable, honest, committed and possess a sound value system. Swami Vivekananda says: “Education is not the amount of information that is put into your brain and runs riot there, undigested, all your life. We must have life-building, man-making, character-making assimilation of ideas.” With this vision, Seva Bharati Mahavidyalaya aims at imparting an education that not only propels the students up the career ladder, but also empowers rural people including women and makes them independent and successful citizens.
• To provide quality education to the students who basically belong to the economically disadvantaged section of the society.
• To constantly endeavour towards the holistic developments of students into responsible citizens and exemplary human beings.
• To remain committed to its foremost aim of sustaining a student-friendly ambience perfectly conducive to learning and true enlightenment.
• To stimulate scientific temper and promote awareness of heritage and culture.
• To generate and sustain proper academic ambience inside the campus through maintenance of peace, communal harmony, spirit of brotherhood, and optimal use and upgradation of infrastructural facilities.
• To organize seminars, special lectures and workshops in emerging areas for the benefit of the students.
• To contribute to the socio-economic growth of the locality by providing the aged of the locality with opportunities of higher education through Distance Education study centre of V.U..
• To inculcate discipline, patriotism, spirit of mutual co-operation and sense of social responsibility among the students through NCC and NSS programme.
• To make students worthy of facing the challenges of the competitive world and job market through encouragement and exploration of their potential ensuring their involvement in cultural events and sports.
• To ensure participation of all the stakeholders in the inclusive growth of the Mahavidyalaya.